About

Final year of uni!!! Cant wait for it to be over!! This is just a boring blog of randomness, with everything from figure skating and Nudie Jeans to outings with mates and crazy updates. Don't come back too often though, it takes me a while to put up anything new. I get a bit lazy, but what can I say, I am a procrastinating uni student...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Want to leave a comment??? Just click on a post!!!

My YouTube Channel

Keep in touch

Twitter Facebook YouTube

Subscribe via email

Bad Idea...

Monday, March 30, 2009


I have a new found appreciation for some things that I've been taking for granted.. not so much little things, but, well actually really important things!! Like being able to walk.

On Wednesday after Gamelan class, I hung around for a while to ask one of the community students some advice on playing the Gender. Some other people came to join and I ended up staying back till about 7:30 just chatting and listening to them play.

When I left, the sun was setting, and it was cool, so instead of waiting of the next bus, I decided I'd start to walk home. It was a really nice walk, but I think cause I was listening to my mp3 player and had some up beat songs.. I must have walked a little too fast... two and a half hours (and 15km) later I was at South Terrace in the city, feet aching.. soooo much pain, until I could barely walk. but I still had an hour of walking before I'd be home. Walking up King William street, Mitch called, he just finished soccer, so I got him to pick me up on the way home.... I'm normally ok with walking long distances, but I dunno what happened.. I've never been in this much pain from walking before.. but I think maybe just cause I walked too fast, and for a long period of time.

I spent the next 2 days at home, barely able to stand, let alone walk! on saturday went to the supermarket with mitch and it wasn't too bad, but after about 10 minutes they started to ache again.. its hard to describe, its just REALLY painful. I started to realize how mum felt lately.. I spent Sunday inside all day, and today.. Monday... I had uni from 12-4pm.. and it wasn't so bad... I could still feel it wasn't quite right, but it didn't hurt too much... but then on the way home just now, I think I walked too fast again and its not healed properly... a few more days and I should be 100% again.. but yeah.. I'm just surprised how long it hurt for... I guess its like any sore muscle, like after they gym.. except cause its in my foot.. its sore every time I stood up or walked..

Anyway.. now that its getting better, and I don't look like an old man hobbling around the house, I've realized how we tend to take things for granted... "little things" .. but are actually really important.. especially to do with our health.
So I guess I'm just thankful that for the most part I'm healthy & safe. (among many other things!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Ive had same experiences too..except that yours can be healed..mine cant..and then I only realised how fragile life could be...and I cherish my family even more now..and try to live everyday as if it's my last :)

  2. Tanti said...

    Yes... Sometimes we didn't realize how lucky we are, to be able to catch a breath...

Post a Comment